Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The puppies are growing like weeds and are finally entering that fun stage of playing and exploring. I normally do not start pups on gruel or puppy mush until 4 weeks but Chili's udders are hanging to her knees so I decided to spare her some work and introduced pups to food early. After a messy first meal, they caught on and are eating like pros. The pups have also entered what my friend calls the 'flock of seagulls' stage of life where they express their discontent most loudly. Every time I hear one squalling, I rush downstairs to make sure he has not fallen out of the pen and most of the time it is just one pup enjoying the sound of his, or her, own voice. I divided the pen into two parts- bedding and papers- and the pups are instantly using the papers for potty. This week the temperature is rising into the 50's ( Fahrenheit) so I am setting up a pen in the garage for some daytime exercise and keeping a pen inside for nighttime, naps, and cold weather. I am also putting a playpen in the living room so puppies can learn to be in the center of household activity.

I got the idea of a cupcake pan from Amanda Bays ( Channahon Chinooks). It is much less messy than a regular puppy pan- especially with a little practice. Chili looks on, waiting for leftovers.
Prime Real Estate- sleeping near mom
Just because mom is outside the box, does not mean I can't get a drink!
Puppies sneak a snack as mom gets a snack. I can't believe they have any room left in their bellies!

The black and tan girls show off their milk mustaches

The very first meal- I used a puppy pan so I could have messy pups for pictures.
Play train
The pen gets smaller every week...

...so does the milk bar

Chili is a very good mom

Mr. Yellow
Mr. Purple

Mr. Yellow

Mr. Purple

Miss Black/Tan- cute as a button

Miss Blue has such a pretty head

Miss Black/Tan stretches out

Mr. Red plays with the favored toy- it crinkles- the pups LOVE it.

Miss Silver has some leftovers on her face

Mr. Red with a pillow

Miss Pink

Mr. Green looks very sweet...

...but is really trouble
Miss Blue has a 'moment' with Chili
Miss Purple falls asleep at the wheel often

No comments:

Post a Comment